A few days ago I mentioned that I just got a new drawing tablet and with it came three software programs. I’ve only really had a chance to play around with one: Art Rage Pro. I’ll just give you a few of my quick impressions because if your interested, there’s an excellent review here. The software only costs $60 which frankly, I think is a great price for all that you get. The full program also comes in a version for the iPad and at $6.99, I think you won’t find a better digital painting program and that includes Sketchbook Pro. Ok, my quickie impressions are:
- it has the look of real painting and drawing mediums like oils, watercolors, markers, pencils, etc.
- the colors blend just like they would on a canvas (depending on which medium you’re using)
- you can change the look and feel of the (many) different canvases to suit your taste, from rough to smooth and dark to light
- you can work in layers
- you have the ability to import images for tracing (this will come in very handy for floor plans and elevations done in Revit or AutoCad)
- it has stencils to aid in drawing curves, straight lines, etc
Here’s a (major) tutorial to get you started.
Just a note of caution though, this tutorial is almost 3 hours long. However, if you like this guy’s style he offers a whole series of ten minute lessons that are definitely worth a look.
If you’re interested in seeing more fantastic paintings drawn on Art Rage Pro you should check out Susan Murtaugh’s gallery on Flickr.
- Ideas & Inspiration
- Life on the Lake
- On the Table
- Renovations from the Front
- Tips & Resources
Tagsabbe fenimoe design philosophy Abbe Fenimore abbe fenimore interior design abbe fenimore interior designer beautiful tiles before and after chair book review chevron Chicago Interior Designer Jillian O'Neill color palette color scheme colour scheme decorating with honeysuckle decorating with pantone's color of the year 2011 decorating with pink design your foyer digital drawing DIY drawing with artrage evernote fabric foyer inspiration foyer inspiration and plans foyer plans glamor in interior design glamorous interior design home's style ikea dresser makeover ikea fabric makeover interior design interior designer interior designer abbe fenimore interior design rendering interior design student Jillian O'Neill organized recycle renovating a house risotto small foyer design Studio ten 25 study interior design online things I covet using pink in your decorating which school is best for interior design