My husband gave me an new iPhone for Christmas (isn’t he sweet) and while I loved my old 3G, the new iPhone 4 (with its much improved camera) makes using my favorite apps even more fun.
The following apps are all under $10 and three of them are absolutely free.
- Houzz Interior Design (FREE) It has the largest database of interior design photos on the web and lets you browse and then save pictures based on categories. According to the Wall Street Journal it’s “a digital look book for interior design ideas”. That kind of says it all.
- Irodori (FREE) analyzes a picture and highlights its most characteristic colors for export as a usable palette. This means you could take a picture a an icicle (and capture the dominant blues, grays and what ever colors were being refracted then print out your new palette to take to the paint shop)
- ColorSnap for iPhone (FREE) matches color snapshots to Sherwin-Williams 1,500 available paint colors.
- PaintSwatches ($1.99) very helpful when it comes to coordinating all the colors in your home. It organizes your paint-palettes by room, making it easy to harmonize from room to room and shop for matching furniture. You also get a workspace for creating and saving custom color palettes, and you can match the shades you like to paint colors offered by various manufacturers.
- myPantone ($9.99) this is just like carrying around a Pantone fandeck. Ignore the comments about the app lacking cmyk – unless you’re a graphic designer, you don’t need that capability. It’s more than adequate for creating a color scheme on the go and even let’s you snap a picture for analysis (much like Irodori).
However, if you’re a hobby decorator, there’s no need to shell out $10. You’ll find that irodori, Color Snap and Paint Swatches to be powerful tools when used alone and in tandem.
If you’ve discovered a great app for decorating make sure to mention it in your comments.
- Ideas & Inspiration
- Life on the Lake
- On the Table
- Renovations from the Front
- Tips & Resources
Tagsabbe fenimoe design philosophy Abbe Fenimore abbe fenimore interior design abbe fenimore interior designer beautiful tiles before and after chair book review chevron Chicago Interior Designer Jillian O'Neill color palette color scheme colour scheme decorating with honeysuckle decorating with pantone's color of the year 2011 decorating with pink design your foyer digital drawing DIY drawing with artrage evernote fabric foyer inspiration foyer inspiration and plans foyer plans glamor in interior design glamorous interior design home's style ikea dresser makeover ikea fabric makeover interior design interior designer interior designer abbe fenimore interior design rendering interior design student Jillian O'Neill organized recycle renovating a house risotto small foyer design Studio ten 25 study interior design online things I covet using pink in your decorating which school is best for interior design